1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2009 2:44 PM by Travler

Intrushield and 8.5 spyware module

Travler
      Today I attempted to push the VSE 8.5i Spyware Module to our IntruShield Manager server. It appeared to go alright. However, shortly after the push, I started receiving Error messages on the Manager stating "Mailer unreachable". I get an identical message about every 5 minutes. Details of the Error state:

Error: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 172.18.x.x, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect.

(172.18.x.x is our mail server)

I promptly removed the Spyware module and rebooted the Manager server but I'm still receiving the same messages about every five minutes. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
        • 1. RE: Intrushield and 8.5 spyware module
          Travler
          Just saw this old post of mine. The problem was that the Manager server was not in my ePO group that allows SMTP. :o (This group has the following setting unchecked: Access Protection Polices | Anti-Virus Standard Protection | Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail)

Why it never had a problem before the upgrade still baffles me, but moving it into this group solved the problem.:cool: