Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
795 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 8:52 AM by kenobe RSS
kenobe Apprentice 90 posts since
Mar 15, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 6, 2012 9:04 AM

Some Automatic Responses Not Triggering

Greetings,

At our site we built automatic reponses to notify us by email when certain things happen like viruses and so on.

Sometime after our EPO 4.5 MR4 update (from MR3) SOME of those responses stopped working.

I watch the Threat Event Log and it is recording the events that should be triggering automatic reponses but the trigger isn't actually occuring.  Again, this is only for some of the respones.  If all didn't work that would be some kind of indicator but SOME?  Note I have deleted and recreated the 'broken' responses from scratch with the same negative result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

• rackroyd McAfee Mentor 952 posts since
    Feb 3, 2010
    1. Dec 6, 2012 10:00 AM (in response to kenobe)
    Re: Some Automatic Responses Not Triggering

There's a bunch of further fixes to the responses mechanism in ePO 4.5 Patches 5 & 6.

although by preference it would be better to consider moving to ePO 4.6 current patch.

Basically the version you are running is still quite old, please consider a further upgrade

• harris_s Apprentice 266 posts since
    Nov 21, 2008
    3. Dec 11, 2012 4:11 AM (in response to kenobe)
    Re: Some Automatic Responses Not Triggering

I've had similar issues since upgrading to the latest version of ePO, I've set up the responses again as suggested in some other posts but some responses aren't working, the main one I can't get to work is the 'Software Manager new product update available' no matter what I do I never get an email, the corresponding event id is recorded in the system, just no email. I also find the software manager seems to be a few days behind picking up new updates.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points