Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
561 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 5:35 PM by cgrim RSS
moses+ada Newcomer 2 posts since
Dec 5, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 6, 2012 11:06 AM

On rhel 6 cleint, getting "Indeterminate" scan results - any ideas ?

I have an RHEL 6 client that I'm running a policy san on - this works on another client and I've compared the service account setup on each and they are the same - sudo access is correct - password is correct etc.    The commands that are run on the clients show that they are the same until it "stops" on this this non working client.  This post relates to my post regarding client scripts.  Is it advised that I check logs on the Foundstone console ?

Currently dont have access to these logs but will get it and I plan on looking at those today as well, but any information on this will be extremely helpful....

TIA, moses+ada

• Community Leader 479 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009

Hi,

The daily logs would be a good place to start, but by default they aren't very verbose.

To troubleshoot SSH Login issues, you should turn on the Shell Module Tweak on the engine, and re-scan.

Run Regedit

Navigate to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]\SOFTWARE\Foundstone\Foundscan\Tweaks] (for 32-bit host) or

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Foundstone\Foundscan\Tweaks]  (for 64-bit host)

** if the key "Tweaks" doesn't exist, create it. **

Create a new DWORD value called "LogShell" value 'ff'

Re-scan, and examine the logs for any specific errors.  If you're still having trouble, then you should open a Service Request.

I hope that helps!
    Cathy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points