Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
934 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 7:25 AM by edxavier RSS
westede Newcomer 7 posts since
Jun 22, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 6, 2012 3:50 AM

Clean Logfiles with ePO

Hello together,

we had a VirusScan installation loop, because of this there are more than 2 GB Logfiles in C:\Windows\TEMP\McAfeelogs...

Is there a way to clean this folder with the ePO Server?

Did anyone has the Produkt Builder Tool for ePO packages? With this program i think i can build a automatic script, what cleans the folder.

Thank you for your response.

Nachricht geändert durch westede on 06.12.12 03:50:32 CST
  • rackroyd McAfee Mentor 956 posts since
    Feb 3, 2010
    1. Dec 6, 2012 9:56 AM (in response to westede)
    Re: Clean Logfiles with ePO

ePO packages are signed by McAfee, so I suspect this is a path you will probably not be able to walk down.

What you can do though is register an executable with the ePO console.

You can then link that executable so it is launched as part of an automatic response rule.

Perhaps this is a feature you can leverage instead.

• edxavier Newcomer 27 posts since
    Dec 7, 2012
    2. Dec 7, 2012 7:42 AM (in response to westede)

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but can't you just simply clean the TEMP files?

Where do you have this installation loop? At the client machine? At ePO Server? What makes you think the logs are the reason for it to be looping?

What you could do, depending on the answers for the questions above, is to build a custom VSE package with an script to clean this folder after the installation completes (and this is something that I'm not sure that would work).

ePO is capable of cleaning it's own database, but as for TEMP logs, what rackroyd said would be a possibility, a script or executable that would clean this folder running as a Server Task or Automatic Response.

regards,

Xavier

• edxavier Newcomer 27 posts since
    Dec 7, 2012
    4. Dec 11, 2012 7:25 AM (in response to westede)

This loop could be caused by a schedule for Deployment tasks, have you checked this?

Regards,

Xavier

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points