Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
850 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 8:46 AM by resourcegroup RSS
resourcegroup Newcomer 24 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 5, 2012 4:33 AM

Groupshield not getting Policies from ePO

We have identified an issue with a number of our mail servers where groupshield is not recieving the correct policies from our system.

We originally idenfied this is issue after an email which should have hit a users junk folder instead hit our own Spam folder.

After investigation, we found that our Groupshield task was no longer being deployed on our Groupshield tag. As a result, I believe that our servers we're not requesting the correct policies

Now, I've rebuilt the task, and the machines have recieved and ran the task successfully; However, they still aren't recieving  the correct policies, and I cant see the policy being applied in the ePO agent

I did a quick search and could not find an answer

• Aidan McAfee SME 461 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    1. Dec 5, 2012 4:49 AM (in response to resourcegroup)
    Re: Groupshield not getting Policies from ePO

What is exact version of Groupshield and what Patches/HFs are installed locally (Dashboard - Product Information) 

What version(s) are the GSE Product Extension(s) in ePO??

On GSE server If you open agent status monitor if available in task bar or start run <agent install folder>\cmdagent.exe /s

Hit "Enforce Policies" Button

You should get a list like "Enforcing policies for <product>"

Is there an error?? Is product listed as GROUPSHD7000 or GROUPSHD7003 (or no GROUPSHDxxxxx entry at all)??

This is recorded also in agent_<servername>.log in

%allusersprofile%\application data\mcafee\common framework\db

or

%allusersprofile%\programdata\mcafee\common framework\db

• Aidan McAfee SME 461 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    3. Dec 5, 2012 5:13 AM (in response to resourcegroup)
    Re: Groupshield not getting Policies from ePO

Ok in the Hotfix 722781 zip file package you have you will see a series of files called GROUPSHD7003_<lang id>.zip

These are a set of new Product extensions for ePO.

You need to install the appropriate one for the language of ePO - e.g. english  GROUPSHD7003_0409.

Also there is a Tool supplied in the HF zip called GSEePOUPGRADE.exe - this will upgrade your policies from GROUPSHD7000 to GROUPSHD7003 to be compatible with the new Format applied in Hotfix722781 locally on GSE server. (see "Using EPO upgrade tool" section of the readme)

N.B. When you install the new extension it will have default policies - you need to upgrade the policies then apply those upgraded policies to your servers\groups in ePO "before" pushing policy.   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points