Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
741 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 11:46 AM by JoeBidgood RSS
Commodores Newcomer 13 posts since
Nov 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 30, 2012 11:22 AM

Agent not installing automatically on All Workstations

I have EPO 4.6.3 and the Agent is not installing on workstations.

In System Tree and assigned client tasks I have a task called Deploy Agent which is scheduled as Mcafee Agent - Product Deployment - Deploy Agent and scheduled this to run 6AM to 6PM.

If I select a machine and go to Actions - Agents - Deploy Agents and click on OK the agent is deployed to the machine immediately without any problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this is not happening automatically?

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009

Forgive the question, but do the machines in question already have an agent installed, or are they new machines?

A client task is something that is run by the agent already installed on the machine - so it can't be used to install an agent for the first time.

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

• JoeBidgood McAfee SME 2,868 posts since
    Sep 11, 2009

There are a number of ways of automatically installing the agent on machines - I'm sure some other posters here can comment on their experiences - but from the ePO side, you can configure an Active Directory sync task to install agents on machines, or you can use Rogue System Detection to do a similar thing. You can always simply send the agent from the console as you have already done, as well.

Outside of ePO you can install the agent via login scripts, for example, or any other method like SMS. If you build machines from an image, you can include an agent in the image (making sure you remove the GUID first) and then every new machine will automatically talk to ePO.

There's lots of options

HTH -

Joe

(Please post questions to the forum, as I am unable to respond to private messages. Thanks!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points