i have IE 9 should i install 10 release preview ?
No, that's a beta browser. Follow solution 1 in the FAQ link in that document.
If McAfee SecurityCenter displays a blank screen, it may be caused by an incorrect registry key that references jscript.
Download, unzip, and then Run as administrator the script that fixes this.
- Save any work. The script will ask you to reboot your computer when it completes.
- Click the following link and save the file to your desktop:
- Unzip the file you downloaded.
- Open the new folder.
- Right-click mcscriptfix.bat and select Run as Administrator.
- If prompted, click Yes in the User Account Control box.
- As this script runs, a black CMD.EXE (DOS Prompt) window opens. When prompted, Press any key to continue... and the CMD.EXE window will close.
- Restart your computer.
thank you , that fixed it
Good, Glad it helped.
Hi I have a similar problem, bought new laptop with one month cover. after downloading new version icon appears ok but only getting blank screen when trying to open mcafee to view status.
have read your advice above but dont understand what you mean when you state "download" and "unzip" and Run as administrator? can you break this down for a simpleton like me?
It sounds complicated but actually it's really straightforward. Right-click that bat file that you've saved to your desktop or wherever, and select 'Run as Administrator' - this applies in Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8. (You will see that choice in the right-click menu).
In XP it's a little different, here's what Microsoft say about running something as the Administrator:
1. Press and hold down the SHIFT key while you right-click the program icon, and then click Run as
2. Click Run the program as the following user, and then type the user name, password, and domain of the administrator account that you want to use.
NOTE: If you want to use the administrator account on your computer, type the name of the computer in the Domain box. If you want to use the domain administrator account, type the name of the domain in the Domain box. When the program is running, you can use Task Manager to check the process owner on the Processes tab of Task Manager. To start Task Manager, click Start, click Run, type taskmgr, and then press ENTER.
The reason for this is that even if you are signed in as a user with Adminstrative privileges, as against a Limited or Standard account, you have to elevate the running of that file to a higher level - that of the actual Adminstrator account (which unless you've activated it in Computer Management, is usually hidden).
hi downloaded it but couldnt open as administrator, couldnt get that option up even after trying the above suggestions
any other idea - im running on windows 7
is my laptop secure - in my security centre it all seems to show it is?
Contact Technical Support please. It's available by phone or online chat and is free - see the link under Useful Links at the top of this page. The software is still working but because of a jscript corruption you are seeing nothing in the interface.
I'm sorry I have no idea why you aren't seeing those options to run as an Administrator unless maybe you are signed in as a Limited User. You have to be signed in as a user with Administrative privileges anyway.