9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 5:20 AM by SergeM

Netlogon Issues HIPS 7.0.0

Hi All,

I am having an issue after installing HIPS on a laptop on my network.

After HIPS is installed I get problems with logging onto the network and applying GPO's to the laptop.

I get the following errors in Windows Event viewer each time I start up:

System Event Log

Netlogon Event 5719 error - no domain controller is available for domain "domain name" due to the following:
      There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

W32Time Event 14 Warning - The time provider ntpclient was unable to find a domain controller to use as a time source.

W32Time Event 29 Error - The time provider ntpclient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources. However none of the sources are currently available.

Application Event Log:

Userenv Event 1054 Error - Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.) Group policy processing aborted.

As soon as I disable the firewall and reboot everything works OK and machine loges on with no errors and all policies and scripts etc run as normal.

Could someone please advise what I need to add into the firewall rules to stop this from happening? As far as I was aware I had aded my local LAN into trusted networks and allowed all UPD and TCP traffic from my local LAN subnet.

I am really stuck and this issue is preventing a large laptop rollout in my company.

Many Thanks

Andy