1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 8:01 AM by Peter M

seth.avazu tracking net redirect virus ! Help !

McAfee and ever other anti-virus program isn't stopping this horrible virus that makes Mozilla Firefox browser redirect to some wierd dodgy site. I would recommend who everis a moderator to tell McAfee labs to do some research on this redirect virusso that you can include it in a new update so that users can get rid of it. I don't trust people on blog posts who tell you step by step instructions on how to get rid of it. I want McAfee to look into this issue please.

• 1. Re: seth.avazu tracking net redirect virus ! Help !
          Peter M

I moved this from Community Help to Malware Discussion for better attention.

It's unfortunate but no antivirus software is 100% guaranteed.   To avoid infection surf very carefully, take care what you download and who you connect with and always keep all aspects of your system up to date, even parts you may not use, such as IE if you use another browser for instance.

If you want McAfee themselves to help you with this it'll be expensive because, like all antivirus makers, they charge for professional virus/malware removal as per THIS page.

First free suggestion, try System Restore to before all this happened.  If you can't get to that in regular mode it can be initiated in Safe Mode.

If that doesn't work or if you want to make sure you are OK try running Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, both in that last link in my signature below.

If those fail, run Hijackthis and post its log as per the intructions lower down on that same link.

Sometimes you have to listen to what blogs say.   Just be sure you trust the blog.

By the way the installers can be loaded using another machine on a flash drive if need be.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/11/12 9:01:50 EST AM