Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
690 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 2:50 AM by PhilM RSS
ralzaga Apprentice 55 posts since
Apr 13, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 25, 2012 7:40 PM

McAfee login password expiration

Hi,

I have a problem with McAfee firewall version 7.0.1.02 everytime I login to the firewall it prompts me to change my password because it is already expired. I haven't observed how many days or weeks my password expires but I want to solve the expiration issue because I am tired of changing passwords. Also does it detect if the password is already used? because sometimes it doesn't allow me to change it to a previous password I set. Thank you.

• PhilM Champion 528 posts since
    Jan 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Nov 26, 2012 2:50 AM (in response to ralzaga)
    Re: McAfee login password expiration

Passwords are designed to expire - so it is worth checking what the expiry value is as it may be that someone has configured a short expiry time and the system is behaving as it should.

This value is found in the Policy -> Rule Elements -> Authenticators screen (select the Password element).

I'm not aware of a problem where passwords expire randomly. But as you are running 7.0.1.02 I would recommend installing the current patch - 7.0.1.03

If having done this, the symptoms persist then I'd recommend you raise a service request with McAfee support.

-Phil.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points