Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
791 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 10:42 AM by Jon Scholten RSS
mohammad.ab Newcomer 24 posts since
May 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 22, 2012 1:47 AM

How to re-push all the logs in the MWG to the reporter again?

after unistalled the McAfee Web Reporter, and installing it again, all log files that were pushed to the reporter aren't pushed to the new installation . only the new files are pushed.

is there a way to re-push all the log files available in the MWG to the reporter again?

• asabban McAfee SME 1,354 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009

Hello,

for every log file there is a .workData file in the appropriate log files folder which contains information about which logs have already been sent. You could try removing this file and see if all data is pushed to the reporter then. I have actually never tried, so I can't guarantee what happens.

I think the most official way would be to download all logs and manually push them into Web Reporter via FTP.

Best,

Andre

• Jon Scholten McAfee SME 857 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009

Building on Andre's suggestion, here is a method to manually push all the logs to Web Reporter:

# Access logs are named in the following fashion:

access[YYMMDDhhmm]*.log*

# The below command will allow you to upload directly from the Web Gateway to Web Reporter, you will need to fill in the blanks for the [YYMMDDhhmm]:

lftp -u [LOGSOURCE-USERNAME]:[LOGSOURCE-PASSWORD] -e 'set ftp:use-feat off; mput /opt/mwg/log/user-defined-logs/access.log/access[YYMMDDhhmm]*.log*; quit' -p 9121 [WEB-REPORTER_IP]

# Below is an example upload command, this would upload access logs from July 2010 to 10.1.1.1 on port 9121:

lftp -u webwasher:webwasher -e 'set ftp:use-feat off; mput /opt/mwg/log/user-defined-logs/access.log/access1007*.log*; quit' -p 9121 10.1.1.1

Best,

Jon

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points