7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 11:03 AM by aaron4288

What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?

parinya.ekparinya

What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?

I have just heard of it recently. Is it a stand alone appliance model for logger function (work without ESM) or some kind like that?

Best regards,

Parinya Ekparinya

• 1. Re: What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?
          artek

As I know it is the combo limited to 20 devices.

Regards,

Artur

• 2. Re: What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?
            artek

Below you can see information about appliance and software versions of McAfee Event Reporter:

McAfee Event Reporter 5600

LICENSE: Per Unit. PRODUCT CONTENT: McAfee  Event Reporter, Enterprise Log Manager and Event Receiver,  provides compliant Log Management and collects data for correlation and analysis by Event Reporter.  2.5 TB local storage included. (Raw log retention requires external storage. Optional SAN card sold separately). 3U Appliance. Rated for 2,500 events per second. The corresponding McAfee Hardware and Gold Software Support SKU is required to be sold with the appliance and provided to McAfee on one consolidated purchase order.

McAfee Event Reporter VM 25

LICENSE: Per ESX Server.  DELIVERABLE: Software download for installation in customer's VMware environment (VMware license not included).  PRODUCT CONTENT: Provides SIEM, Enterprise Log Management and Event Receiver functions. Provides Event Reporter for up to 25 devices. (NOTE: Hardware is not included)

Regards,

Artur

• 3. Re: What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?
              parinya.ekparinya

So what's the difference between ETM-5600-ELM with this Event Reporter 5600 Appliance.

Thanks Artur!

Best regards,

Parinya Ekparinya

• 4. Re: What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?
                artek

I checked the pricelist - ETM-5600-ELM is more expensive than EVR-5600, so the price is the first difference

Regards,

Artur

• 5. Re: What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?

The McAfee Event Reporter 5600 is a all-in-one device (ESM, REC, ELM).

This product is just like our other all-in-one's.

The McAfee Event Reporter VM 25 is an all-in-one VM designed to capture only McAfee datasources.

McAfee Event Reporter 5600

LICENSE: Per Unit. PRODUCT CONTENT: McAfee  Event Reporter, Enterprise Log Manager and Event Receiver,  provides compliant Log Management and collects data for correlation and analysis by Event Reporter.  2.5 TB local storage included. (Raw log retention requires external storage. Optional SAN card sold separately). 3U Appliance. Rated for 2,500 events per second. The corresponding McAfee Hardware and Gold Software Support SKU is required to be sold with the appliance and provided to McAfee on one consolidated purchase order.

McAfee Event Reporter VM 25

LICENSE: Per ESX Server.  DELIVERABLE: Software download for installation in customer's VMware environment (VMware license not included).  PRODUCT CONTENT: Provides SIEM, Enterprise Log Management and Event Receiver functions. Provides Event Reporter for up to 25 devices. (NOTE: Hardware is not included)

• 6. Re: What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?
                    parinya.ekparinya

Thank you for the answer.

Normally, where should I find this information apart from asking in a community. I have a trouble finding clearly information. Sound likes this one.

Or it's me who may ask question too early before document will be release?

Best regards,

Parinya

• 7. Re: What's McAfee Event Reporter Appliance?

Usually questions like that are more specific you could either ask them here or contact your SE. Our website does a good job over giving an overview of the products but specific questions may need answered on the community or with an SE.