Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
798 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 5:28 AM by bad_dawg RSS
bad_dawg Newcomer 8 posts since
Oct 22, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 21, 2012 3:53 AM

Migrate ePO 3.6.1 to  EPO 4.6.,

I am looking to migrate the existing  EPO  3.6.1 to  EPO 4.6., by building a new physical 2003r2 box with SQL 2005. The current policies are already in a XML format. if there  Is there any sensible advice anybody can provide  with  this migration. e.g. anything I should be aware of with policy’s endpoints etc. In fact anything. Quite often what is initially minor can escalate into something quite major.

MacAfee points out that as 3.6 is out of scope by two years, so  there not much can advise apart from completely starting from scratch, ergo rebuilding policy’s etc. individually,

• rackroyd McAfee Mentor 953 posts since
    Feb 3, 2010
    1. Nov 21, 2012 5:22 AM (in response to bad_dawg)
    Re: Migrate ePO 3.6.1 to EPO 4.6.,

There is no way to go directly from ePO 3.6.1 to 4.6, you would need to go through ePO 4.0 first up to 4.0 patch 7.

Then from ePO 4.0 Patch 7 you can run an upgrade to ePO 4.6

You can only preserve settings in this scenario by using the upgrade path provided by the installer.

if you can do the upgrade on existing hardware/OS then yes clean install would be preferable.

• rackroyd McAfee Mentor 953 posts since
    Feb 3, 2010
    3. Nov 22, 2012 2:31 AM (in response to bad_dawg)
    Re: Migrate ePO 3.6.1 to EPO 4.6.,

In which case - not possible.

The only way to migrate settings from 3.6.1 through to 4.6 is via the upgrade path I mentioned before.

You would have to upgrade the 3.6.1 server in place to 4.6 first through ePO 4.0, then migrate that result to a new server.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points