Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1693 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 4:41 AM by minion RSS
seauser Apprentice 63 posts since
Dec 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 21, 2012 3:44 AM

DLP Policy Problem - Configure Rules

Hey,

Where can I find some documents that can explain how to configure the dlp policy so I can be sure that everything I want is blocked except for the ones I approve?

Also, I've tried working with this tool - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75040&actp=search&viewlo cale=en_US&searchid=1353340473618 but I have this error when I try open it: Failed to load SecurityService Module.

I feel like I'm missing something...

Does anybody know what is this error?

Thank you and have a nice day !!

• smartkiran Newcomer 7 posts since
    Jun 15, 2009
    2. Jan 8, 2013 8:39 AM (in response to seauser)
    Re: DLP Policy Problem - Configure Rules

1. What is the scope of your devices - MAss Storage. HID. CD Drives, ...etc.

Create Definition rule. Configure the device classes that you want to manage.

2. Device Rules

Create Device Rules - Monitor and Block

3. Type of Enforcement - AD User-based or Computer-based

User Based - Create groups in "User Assignment", add the users/groups and configure the the device rule.

computer Based - Policy Catalog -> DLP -> Computer Assigment Group. Create a new policy and configure the device rules.

4. Push DLP using the client task.

5. Monitor the events

Data Protection - DLP Monitor.

• Nishant Shah Newcomer 44 posts since
    Aug 24, 2010
    4. Feb 7, 2013 5:17 AM (in response to seauser)

Hi Seauser,

no one can give you tips to secure your network because every network is different. i work in a financial organization and here we not only require usb blocking, we also need clipboard protection, email protection etc (many more rules which i have not mentioned)... im sure if yours is a small network / different organization, the requirement would be different than mine.

And always remember, there is no such thing called 100% security.

• minion Apprentice 199 posts since
    Mar 8, 2013
    5. Jul 19, 2013 4:41 AM (in response to seauser)

Ok looks like I have similar question here. I deployed DLP to one pc, installed and it is working. I can see it if I go to about and also on the EPO side. I created the DLP Policy, set up device definitions, created protection rules but the policy is not being sent to the computer? Am I missing something?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points