2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 10:57 PM by David! RSS

Rogue Sensor weirdness

A long time ago (in relative terms) I was the sole administrator of our ePO 4.5 installation with McAfee VSE 8.7 / 8.8

Since then it has been upgraded to ePO 4.6, and a lot of things have changed.

I don't have any change control, documentation or helpdesk tickets covering this.

What i've come back to is a mess, and i've been working my way through it.   One issue that has me stumped is our Rogue Sensors.

We had 1 per site, equating to one per subnet as each site is using a /24 subnet.

(eg:  rogue sensor for and rogue sensor for etc)

Previously, the Detected Systems tab would have all of these subnets split up logically on the left sidebar.

I've come back to this:

Does anyone have any idea how I can start troubleshooting this?

Any more information I can provide to assist?

thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: Rogue Sensor weirdness

You don't mention which ePO patch is installed, but it looks a lot like an issue which is resolved in ePO 4.6 Patch 3.

Per the patch 3 readme:

77.  Issue – Agents occasionally return incorrect ipV6subnet information that suggests all IPs in the network are in the subnet. (Reference: 699813)

Resolution – Invalid subnet records are removed upon installation of ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6.3. In addition, RSD ignores invalid subnet values from agents.

• 2. Re: Rogue Sensor weirdness

Thanks Rob.   Updating from 4.6.0 original release to 4.6.4 now.