Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
780 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 6:11 PM by technician888 RSS
technician888 Newcomer 6 posts since
Nov 19, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 19, 2012 11:21 PM

failed to deploy agents

Hi to all Mcafee Users/Experts, I'm new in this forum and to this product so please bear with me if I'm still a newbie .

Here's my situation, our company has set up an ePO Orchestrator version 4.6 for our AV and hard drive encryption.

ePO Server OS: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise

Client: Windows 7 Enterprise

1st problem: Whenever I attempt to push or deploy the Agent, it just fails. I tried pinging the machine using the ping button in Orchestrator and machine is reachable. Some services required for agent push like computer browser and

remote registry and server are all started and automatic. Tried disabling the Windows 7 firewall but no go.

Appreciate any help/response ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

• hem McAfee Employee 848 posts since
    Nov 18, 2009
    2. Nov 20, 2012 3:07 AM (in response to technician888)
    Re: failed to deploy agents

When you ping the machine from ePO ping button you are able to ping it without it has agent installed. It shouldn't work.

To push the agent from the ePO server make sure that they are meeting the environmental requirement as per kB#: KB56386.

Thanks
    Hem

• simonp Newcomer 32 posts since
    May 28, 2012
    4. Nov 20, 2012 3:51 AM (in response to technician888)

Have you registered AD to your epo and then assigned encryption to the user,?

• simonp Newcomer 32 posts since
    May 28, 2012
    5. Nov 20, 2012 3:56 AM (in response to simonp)
    1. Register your LDAP Server. Check for the correct domain and Server IP address of yourLDAP server configured.
    2. Create EE LDAP Server User/Group Synchronization task and schedule it to run.Check for the correct format of the user attributes while scheduling the task.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points