1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2012 6:09 AM by exbrit

Problems scanning with McAfee

Hi everyone,

I had a McAfee version in another laptop, and now I bought a new one and bought a new subscription of McAfee total protection 2013. Apparently everything went well during installation, but now I can't open the McAfee window when I click the McAfee total protection icon on my desktop. I tried different ways, but it just does not work. I have Windows 7 installed, and it is supposed to be compatible with McAfee total protection 2013, so I don't understand why do I have this problems. Does anyone have a n idea on how to overcome this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Andrea

• 1. Re: Problems scanning with McAfee
          exbrit

The software is compatible with all Windows OS's both 32-bit and 64-bit, except for 64-bit XP so there shouldn't be a problem.   Is this Windows 7 SP1?  You can check that by right-clicking Computer and selecting Properties.   Also as McAfee uses Internet Explorer for display purposes make sure you are up to date with IE9 and all associated patches even if you use another browser as your default.

Do you have any other security software present that may interfere with it?    Or did you have some and uninstalled?  If the latter please run their removal tool if any.  Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it will autofix any issues:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/11/12 7:09:16 EST AM