Has anyone else seen issues related to this --> https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB75836 ?
I have seen a small percentage of machines that receive a "Error occurred copying file. File is locked or missing from package" when trying to do a DAT update starting at the same time this DAT Update script was released. This results in the DAT not being updated and on some machines on-access is disabled after the DAT update failure. I have an open SR with mcAfee on this, but just curious if anyone else has noticed this.
Considering I am seeing this on about 0.5% of machines I didn't think many people would notice. If anyone wants to confirm you have no issues..... I double dog dare you to try the query attached to see if your environment has an uptick in 'file not copied errors' starting on Oct. 30. Here are the results from my environment.
Mine comes back clean. ePO v 4.6.4 with a few versions of 4.6.x Agent out and about. ~3100 computers with ~1700 connecting at any given hour. Oh VSE is Patch 1. I have been holding off on the last patch until I have had time to adequately test it.
We are running 4.5 agent, and mostly VS 8.8 with no patch, but have the hotfix from 6807 DAT issue (~70,000 clients). Still waiting to hear back from McAfee on this. Thanks for your reply.
One machine, on Nov 4th, which subsequently updated OK. Out of over 5000 PCs.
Error occurred while copying . File is locked or missing from the package. (issue: DAT update fails)
Thanks for that reference - I'll see if this resolves this issue I am seeing. I'm a little disappointed that McAfee support still hasn't repsonded to me with reference to this KB.
Close, but no cigar - the 'fix' package did not resolve the DAT update issue I am seeing. Must be something additional in my environment that is throwing off the new DAT update script. Hopefully I will get a resolution from support soon.
Hi, I got the same error on one server. The registry fix didnt work for me either from this article: https://mysupport.mcafee.com/eservice/Article.aspx?id=KB76740. In the end I noticed the engine files were missing in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Engine
If thats the case disable access protection, stop the framework and mcshield services and copy new avvclean.dat, avvnames.dat and avvscan.dat files across. Restart services and re-run update. Worked for me. May not be the same issue but worth checking.
p.s. thanks McAfee for the misleading error message!!
Thanks for the info Mikey. I checked a broken machine and found the avvclean.dat, avvnames.dat are missing. Considering I now have close to 500 machines with this condition, me manually fixing each one is not an option. A full SuperDAT appears to resolve the issue as well, but this is not a solution either as we have limited bandwidth and additional machines are having this issue (can't on an on-going basis apply a SuperDAT as standard practice). I'm still waiting for McAfee to come up with a better solution because the issue does appear to be directly related to the DAT script update released on Oct. 30.