3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 1:29 PM by saketok RSS

Dashboard charts have gaps: how to find out why?

saketok

Hi all,

New to IronMail and tasked to figure out why there are gaps in the dashboard charts(both queue and system). Please help explain what it is and where to look for answers/fix.

Appreciated your help.

Jean ---

• 1. Re: Dashboard charts have gaps: how to find out why?
          ijahnke

You may want to call into support for this.

I have seen where disk I/O ramps up if you use the "Update Status" portlet in the dashboard. This portlet launches a program that checks the current updates, most notably the AV DAT files, it does require significant resouces and, along with the other portlets, it updates every minute. By itself, it doesnt cause much of an issue, however if multiple users are logged in or if the box is set to automatically update it may cause a delay.

You can remove this portlet by clicking on "Configure Dashboard View" (the button with the screwdriver and wrench in the top right) and then putting it back into the list in the center column.

• 2. Re: Dashboard charts have gaps: how to find out why?
            saketok

Thank you ijahnke for your reply.  I will try to contact support team and will post the solution if we get to one.

Thanks again  -  saketok

• 3. Re: Dashboard charts have gaps: how to find out why?
              saketok

I've talked to Support and they provide a workaround for now that seems to reduce the frequency of this issue.  Workaround is in KB75357.

Installed it on both our appliances and it actually cut down on the frequency of the issue.

Thanks again

Jean ---