8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 8:42 AM by exbrit

McAfee Total Protection 2012 - issues during,after download and in uninstalling

McAfee Total Protection 2012 - issues during,after download and in uninstalling

Tried to download McAfee Total Protection 2012 on my laptop with  Windows 7 OS. The installation took long and thrice shoed a decrease in progress bar reading before finally completing. On completion I got a message that some features were not installed. I tried the Virtual Technician and it pointed out that McAfee Virus Scan and Anti Spyware were not installed and asked me to try again.

I tried twice. The download progress shows 100% completion but on completion i again get a message that the installation was unsucessful.

I then uninstalled McAfee from my system using Uninsatl program feature provided in Windows, rebooted Windows, ran MCPR (latest version) but the uninstall was still incomplete. I have the logs with me which I have attached with this post.

Please help me uninstall traces of McAfee left in my system so that I can download afresh.

-Anupam