3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 9:01 AM by rackroyd

Cannot install EPO

I have had to uninstall EPO 4.6 from a server running 2008 R2.  I uninstalled using REVO Uninstaller.  Rebooted.  Tried to install, and it instead asked me to UNINSTALL.  This then failed with the following error:  "Setup was unable to read the add/remove programs entry for Mcafee epo and cannot continue.  Verify that the program is install [sic] correctly and that you have this entry before you continue."

I have gone through the registry, deleted every mention of mcafee and network associates.  Rebooted several times.  No joy. 

I have also run two different Mcafee removal tools.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

PH

• 1. Re: Cannot install EPO
          rackroyd

The ePO installer is a complex beast, uninstall through add/remove programs is actually preferred believe it or not.

Still, that does not help you now and i'm afraid from the way it's described the issue is well & truly wedged.

Your best best at this point is to walk through McAfee support article: KB66586 - How to manually remove ePO 4.5 / 4.6

Rgds,

Rob.

• 2. Re: Cannot install EPO

Hi Rob.  Thanks for that.  I have already done all that.  Stripped out the registry, deleted files, etc.

• 3. Re: Cannot install EPO
              rackroyd

I'm afraid if you've followed that kb instruction completely it's wedged beyond the ability to clean up.

By all means open a support call but you may be staring in the face of using a different server or an OS rebuild.

Sorry.

Rob.

1 of 1 people found this helpful