5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 2:56 PM by John M Sopp RSS

First Found and Last Found columns in csv?

rcg921

I am being asked if we are able to see the date when a vulnerabilty was first found on a system, in the vulnerabilties.csv reports.

I do see those two columns in the csv, but the fields are empty, no dates given. Is there a settiing i need to check for these dates to appear?

currently runnig MVM 7.0.8 (will be 7.5 by years end, if its different I would need that also.)

• 1. Re: First Found and Last Found columns in csv?
          xmac89

RCG921, I've been looking for the same thing. I found the following infomation @ https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76421&actp=LIST_RECENT

I would rather have this in my csv file and not in an asset report as well.

I am still looking for a possible tweak for a reg key for reporting. If I find anything else, I will post.

Corporate KnowledgeBase

Some MVM reports in CSV format do not list data in the First Found and Last Found columns

Printer Friendly Version Printer Friendly Rate Content Rate this Page

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID:  KB76421
          Last Modified:  October 04, 2012

Environment

McAfee Vulnerability Manager 7.x

Problem

When you veiw a vulnerabilities report for McAfee Vulnerability Manager (MVM) in CSV format, it does not list data in the First Found and Last Found columns.

Solution

This is expected behavior for vulnerability reports. First Found and Last Found are only available for Asset Reports. These columns will be empty if the CSV report was a scan-based report. They will be populated with dates only if the report type is an asset-based report.
          Geo
          • 2. Re: First Found and Last Found columns in csv?
            John M Sopp

I create an asset/custom report. All of my scans for a period are uniformly named, so in the asset filter i set:

• asset filter = active
            • scan name contains or begins with "common naming convention"

I then set my vuln report to report only on the vulns scanned for during the scan period

This give me history for reporting on a periodic basis.

• 3. Re: First Found and Last Found columns in csv?
              rcg921

Thanks xmac and john, good info and I was able to find what I ws looking for by generating the asset report. I had opened a ticket also, and was told it was left blank by design in the scan report.

The support answer:

This is with regards to the issue where the first and last found column in the CSV report is left blank.

We tried to check the issue with our higher level of support and found out that this is as per design, which also includes showing the first and last found column blank.

You can get the data you need for first and last found in .csv format when generating an Asset Report.

You are suggested to raise a Product Enhancement Request for the same to request for relevant data.

Please login to the website https://mcafee.acceptondemand.com/ and submit your request.

• 4. Re: First Found and Last Found columns in csv?
                xmac89

John, where are you setting this?

I then set my vuln report to report only on the vulns scanned for during the scan period

This give me history for reporting on a periodic basis.

• 5. Re: First Found and Last Found columns in csv?
                  John M Sopp

In 7.5- create a custom report...on the sections tab , check vulnerablity asssessment option and select the vulns you want to appear in the report

on 11/15/12 3:54:04 PM EST

on 11/15/12 3:56:36 PM EST