5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2012 9:04 AM by mat.kordell

McAfee EMM App Neccessary?

Hi,

is it really neccessary to use the EMM App instead of EMM Portal? For example for Jailbreak check do I really need the EMM App?

Regards

• 1. Re: McAfee EMM App Neccessary?
          mat.kordell

Yes

Device compliance is determined based on the following predefined parameters. A device is considered compliant if the following is true:

true:

• The device has the current version of the McAfee EMM software installed.

• The device has the current security policy installed.

• The iOS device has the correct device certificate that was issued during provisioning.

A device is considered noncompliant if one or more of the following is true:

• The device does not contain the McAfee EMM software.

• The security policy has been updated and the device does not yet have the new policy.

• The device has not checked in since the software or security policy was last updated.

• The device has been hard-reset because of a company policy, and the device no longer contains the McAfee EMM software.

• The device has been jailbroken (iOS) or rooted (Android).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: McAfee EMM App Neccessary?

So the Portal is just a legacy access to MDM then?

• 3. Re: McAfee EMM App Neccessary?
              mat.kordell

No, it is alternate access to wipe your device, recommended apps and MDM.

Also if you weren't using an iPhone or android you wouldn't have an app so you might use the portal I imagine.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: McAfee EMM App Neccessary?

Ok, it would work as well as the emm app version except for compliance status etc. And what about jailbreak? Would it still detect jailbreak status?

I heard from McAfee Support that the portal should not be used because its legacy etc. Thats why i am confused.

• 5. Re: McAfee EMM App Neccessary?
                  mat.kordell

The portal is not a replacement for the app it is mainly for allowing users to remote wipe a lost or stolen device and alternate access.  Do not use the portal in place of the app, use it with the app as I described or not at all.