Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1602 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 6:40 AM by fschulte RSS 1 2 Previous Next
A C Newcomer 13 posts since
Oct 9, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 7, 2012 4:42 AM

Problems with WebReporter

Hello,

i have a few Questions about Mc Afee WebReporter. We want to use WebReporter to analyze the log Data of our costumers. But there are a few problems with the german data protection.

The first question is:

Is it possible to hide  IP Adresses and User Names at the summary?

webreporter.PNG

Second Question:

Is it possible to delete the standart advanced reports from WebReporter with the yellow lock sign?

332.PNG

Third Question:

Is it possible to delete the Mc Afee Logo if i want to run a report. Because every time i start a report, i have to choose my own icon. But i want that my icon will selected automatically.

asdfasdfsdfsdf.PNG

• trishoar Apprentice 61 posts since
    Jan 28, 2010
    1. Nov 7, 2012 6:50 AM (in response to A C)
    Re: Problems with WebReporter

Hi A C,

I cant answer 1. I'm fairly sure that regarding number 2, you can not remove the pre-built reports. For 3 if you remove the McAfee logo webreporter gets upset, so we just replace the logo with our own which makes ours the defualt selected.

Tris

• asabban McAfee SME 1,351 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    2. Nov 7, 2012 7:14 AM (in response to trishoar)

Hello,

are you importing log files from MWG? If so you can tell MWG to log anonymous data instead of real IP addresses/user names. I am not sure if Web Reporter has an option too.

Best,

Andre

• sroering McAfee SME 459 posts since
    Feb 10, 2011
    3. Nov 7, 2012 7:22 AM (in response to A C)

1) No, you cannot remove the reports from the menu.  If you want to obsfucate the data, then I would recommend Andre's recommendation above.

2) No, sorry.

3) Yes.  You can replace the default logos.

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Web Reporter (64-bit)\reporter\docs\logos

Feb 10, 2011
    5. Nov 7, 2012 9:25 AM (in response to A C)

You can set the ip ranges each logon account can see.

deledgated_account.png

Feb 10, 2011
    7. Nov 7, 2012 9:50 AM (in response to A C)

If the account is delegated to only specific IP ranges, all of their reports should be limited to that data.  When you delegate the account, it is the same as putting a filter on all of their reports.  If you look at the queries for the reports in .../reporter/log/sql-quickview.log  (sql-advanced.log), you should see something like this.

WHERE scr_dim_ip_address > 'ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:0000:1234:aaaa'  AND scr_dim_ip_address < 'ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:0000:1234:dddd'

If you are seeing different behavior, then it is: 1) not configured correctly, 2) a mis-understanding of  the data, 3) a bug.

If you believe this is a bug and you have a valid support contract, open a support service request and subit a feeedback.

Feb 10, 2011
    9. Nov 8, 2012 7:09 AM (in response to A C)

OK. I understand the problem.  Unfortunately, that kind of control isn't possible in Web Reporter.

If you have a premium license, you can configure reports and then e-mail them automatically for your managers. Maybe that is better than giving them access to the GUI.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points