Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1158 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 4:14 PM by Regis RSS
mrcibrian Newcomer 1 posts since
Sep 8, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 6, 2012 6:19 PM

Where can I download the UDLP (host) extension?

Hello,

To request your help with the following problem:

I am not able to find UDLP extension download link, in my product downloads sections with my grant, neither in the Support Portal.

Does anyone can guide me on how to get the UDLP (host) extension?

Thanks in advance.

• SafeBoot Group Leader 8,586 posts since
    Oct 28, 2008
    1. Nov 7, 2012 8:06 AM (in response to mrcibrian)
    Re: Where can I download the UDLP (host) extension?

You mean HDLP (host data leakage prevention) ? If you can't see it under the downloads section, then your grant number is not valid for that product. You might want to contact your McAfee reseller and ask them to update it?

Heisenberg is pulled over for speeding: “Do you know how fast you were going?” the police officer asks, incredulously. “No,” replies Heisenberg, “but I know exactly where I am!”
    Personal Blog : http://mcaf.ee/simon | Corporate Blog : http://SIBlog.mcafee.com | Create your own safe, short URL's - http://mcaf.ee

• Regis Champion 457 posts since
    Oct 6, 2010
    2. Nov 15, 2012 5:19 PM (in response to mrcibrian)
    Re: Where can I download the UDLP (host) extension?

Safeboot:  He probably really does mean UDLP --  Unified  DLP extensions that promises to unify host and network DLP policies and make them both manageable on a DLP Manage device, which (while swell in theory) in reality I never got to work, the McAfee Quickstart people wouldn't touch it unless you gave them an 11 foot "best effort" pole and when I called NDLP support seeking for some help on the last bit of the UDLP configuration in the ePO shim, and they acted like I had two heads for wanting to do the UDLP that I was sold.    Not that I'm bitter, mind you.  :-)

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth later... we decided to go with not doing unified since different internal parts of McAfee really couldn't agree on whether it's supported or a right way to go forward, and apparently after 9.2, the look of unified DLP will be rather different and possibly move entirely to ePO management.  

Martin,

I too experienced  a tremendous PITA trying to chase down the UDLP extension package.

I may have ended up rattling either my sales engineer and/or support until someone provided me the extension on some ftp site.    The filename I have here is an 86MB package UnifiedDLPExtension92_HF5.zip   and it seems I had gotten it on 3/16/2012 if that helps narrow the search any.

I threw a ceremonial 3 minutes and trying to find it on the mcafee product download page, and I couldn't find it quickly despite my very valid grant number.   I do explicitly remember finding it being one of the many things in my DLP deployment that were quite unenjoyable.

Message was edited by: Regis on 11/15/12 5:19:20 PM CST

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points