Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
848 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 7:22 AM by Aidan RSS
ittech Champion 448 posts since
Jan 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 5, 2012 1:55 PM

Dashboard questions

I reset the dashboard 4-5 days ago to have a clean slate and I just have a couple of questions.

1) Is there any way to verify the number of items being scanned by MSME? We have approx. 300 users here and 2.3 million emails in less than a week just seems like a lot. I can see the 10,000 spam, but that's a big number on the total. We are currently scanning incoming and internal incoming messages.

Capture.PNG

2) The Anti-spam engine's update time seems to always be the time that I open up the MSME 7.6 dashboard. Does it update constantly if GTI (or Artemis or whatever) is turned on or is this a bug?

Capture2.PNG

Thanks for any help!

• Aidan McAfee SME 463 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    1. Nov 6, 2012 3:48 AM (in response to ittech)
    Re: Dashboard questions

Not clear what the Version of Exchange is or what role or configuration - but standard functionality in MS VSAPI on a server hosting mail boxes would mean that items are stamped with an engine\dat version - next day when that item is touched again and new dats have been installed then that item will get scanned again. So it may be showing items that have also been rescanned.

As for Spam engine  - 9309 is the latest engine and hasn't changed since release - if you mean the rules etc - these are constantly being updated by the McAfee AntiSpam Rules Updater Service.

• Aidan McAfee SME 463 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    3. Nov 6, 2012 7:22 AM (in response to ittech)
    Re: Dashboard questions

The interface when open takes the latest time the rules were updated from the HKLM\Software\McAfee\MSME\SystemState\ STRING - SpamRulesDate.

This is updated by the McAfe AntiSpam Rules Service when it manages to get an update - this can be very very regularily.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points