1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2012 5:38 AM by Peter M

Google Chrome being redirected to "allsafelist.com"

I tried the Google Chrome browser on my new laptop running windows 7. After a few weeks I started having Google Chrome redirected to another website called allsafelist.com. After researching this on the internet i've learned that this is a Trojan program. I've run McAfee Interenet Security scans a few times without it removing this pain in the #$% trojan. Can anyone offer some help how I can get rid of this problem.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Google Chrome being redirected to "allsafelist.com"
          Peter M

Moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.

First weapon in the war against these things is to try System Restore to before all this happened.

If successful, temporarily turn System restore off, then back on, to delete the infected restore point.

If not there's an excellent removal guide here: http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-45-974-0.html which refers to IE but in Chrome just copy those steps in Options.

Next download and run Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, both listed in the last link in my signature below.  With the 2nd one do not accept the trial or you will get the wrong version.

It's unfortunate that antivirus applications don't catch everything but nothing is guaranteed in this world sadly.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/11/12 6:38:57 EST AM