4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2012 10:09 AM by warrens

scheduled scan not starting

warrens

1) SecurityCenter was not starting my scheduled scan

2) So I would try to run them with "Scan Your PC"

3) Those scans would fail with a message "An Error Has Occurred", "An unexpected problem occurred during your scan."

4) So I re-installed SecurityCenter

5) The "Scan Your PC" did work fully (at least the first time I ran it).

6) But the scheduled scan still does not start.  It was scheduled for 9am this morning, but the Next Scheduled Scan says 10:02am this morning (weird time)

7) The scheduled scan has not started after more than 2 hours.

• 1. Re: scheduled scan not starting
          warrens

Interesting.  The scan did start about 4 hours and 10 minutes after my scheduled time at 8:00am (or 2 hours and 8 minutes after the weird 10:02am that Next Scheduled Scan said).

• 2. Re: scheduled scan not starting

I have the same problem.  The scheduled scan did not start & when I did a manual scan I got the same error message.  I had uninstalled & reinstalled my software this morning & this is the result.  And this is after making 2 calls to the helpdesk.  The first was when I had to uninstall the software, the second was when the updates wouldn't install (which it did) & despite the fact that the customer service agent had remote access to my laptop & could see that the scan would not start, I was told everything was ok & the call was over!! 

Anyway, sorry I can't give you any help.

• 3. Re: scheduled scan not starting
              poodles5

Thankyou for responding- I now have it working- I first checked system services for scanning- set it at manual- then tried 3 times with Virtual Tech- set pc to scan at a time during day when I could see if it came on- behold it did- cannot figure out what happened it has scanned on time for 2 days- make sure that for at least 1 hour before the scan is scheduled you leave pc alone- this makes mine start on time- good luck-poodles5

• 4. Re: scheduled scan not starting
                warrens

Well, the scheduled scan did finish.

So ultimately the solution was simply re-installing SecurityCenter.

It got rid of the message: "An Error Has Occurred", "An unexpected problem occurred during your scan."

And it is did initiate a scheduled scan on its own, even though the time was not what I expected.