4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 4:52 AM by bretzeli

Having issue with Deploying third party Executable in EPO 4.6

ckrepair

So I managed to use the EEDK Gui program to build my exe Install. I see it in Master Repository but for the life of me, cant figure out how to deploy the software out to a client from EPO. Where do push the software from?

Thanks,

Corey

• 1. Re: Having issue with Deploying third party Executable in EPO 4.6

My understanding is that you must Check it into the repository, then push it out through a client task. 

• 2. Re: Having issue with Deploying third party Executable in EPO 4.6
            ckrepair

I figured out how to deploy the software. I checked the client's agent and now see that it is downloading the software and trying to install. Now having issues trying to figure out why its failing. Is there any logs that I can check on the client as to why its failing?

• 3. Re: Having issue with Deploying third party Executable in EPO 4.6

I'm attempting the same thing.  One thing i've noticed is that it takes a while.  I set a deployment task for a certain time on Friday at noon.  When i check that test machine there was nothing installed.  When i came into work monday morning there it was.  It was Malware bytes BTW.  I'm testing on multiple machines now.  But as far as an error report goes, no, i haven't seen any.  Maybe someone else has some insight.

• 4. Re: Having issue with Deploying third party Executable in EPO 4.6
                bretzeli

We have seen the Options to deploy third party software on a Mcafee Partner event in Zürich. In general this would be a nice options for our smallest customers where we have to software deployment. We are beginning to install EPO Server even with customers with 30+ clients since security control had raised AND we have more options since using Vmware. So the option even for small customer to install an EPO is in reach.

In generall how is the success with the unsupported deployment with EPO? Is it "better" then using PSEXEC and some sort of scripts (There is security convern here). Is it better than deploying software with GPO and Active Directory (I never liked this)?

I come/work with large deployment scenarios (Enteo, SCCM etc.) and always like such options for smaller customers...