I'm not a repersentive of any security company..
The one thing that concerns me most about DMARC, is that if people have fowarding emails set up that don't implement SRS it breaks SPF, which in turn breaks DMARC and can cause emails not to be delivered. A lot of people have fowarding emails set up, that fowards mail from account X to Account Y.
That really concerns me as a business owner and I read that SRS was the solution, but you can't enforce everyone on your email list to use SRS.
Here's how SRS works with examples http://www.unlocktheinbox.com/resources/srs/
Fortunately, I was able to implement SRS for me, but I can see why some places would be reluctant to implement DMARC. It's a valuable tool, but I would think it will only be widely adopted by financial institutions. As regular business owners in the non-financial product industry, want to reach maximun audience, where-as financial institutions want to prevent people from getting scammed financially.
The IETF RFC Editor has published RFC 7489, “Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Conformance (DMARC)” on the Independent Submission stream. RFC 7489, which can be found here, is in the process of being adopted as the official input to the IETF DMARC Working Group.
Where is Mcafee stand on this? Will it be implemented? What is the timeline? no information neither for the SAAS nor the MCafee email gateway....but they have some write-up about it...
for the last 3 years DMARC initiative has been adopted widely and used by the "big one" on internet : Facebook, Paypal, AOL, Hotmail, Twitter,Google, Yahoo, Linkedin, Ebay, Comcast,..2 years later my post, DMARC seems to have made a lot of progress and reach a milestone has they encourage Email vendors to adopt it in their implementation
Competition already offer DMARC
Message Gateways, Filters, or Hosted Mailbox Services
- Alt-N's MDaemon Messaging Server includes DMARC support in version 14.5
- Cisco's Email Security Appliance includes DMARC support in the AsyncOS 8.5.x releases
- Cloudmark's Security Platform for Email for ISPs, hosting services, mobile operators, and enterprises
- Dell SonicWALL includes DMARC support in their Email Security Appliances and Email Security Software products
- Halon Security's Halon email platform (Announcement) and Inumbo.com cloud email service (announcement)
- Microsoft includes DMARC filtering in their Exchange Online Protection service, part of Office 365 for Business
- Symantec's Email Security.cloud (announcement)
REF: DMARC - Resources
I am glad you have brought this item into discussion here. I also have contacted McAfee about their plans to support this method, but without any reaction.
Meanwhile our customers are waiting for this.