Yes, you won't be seeing in EPO what systems are protected.
"McAfee Agent isn't installed on each VM. Only the SVA appears in the ePolicy Orchestrator console,
which means you don't see each VM. vShield Manger provides a report that validates the protection
status of each VM."
Thanks a lot.
So, it seems I cannot generate any system wise reports ?
Is there any document which discusses the pros and cons of agent and agentless deployment ?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
McAfee has some, but I don't think they'll be posted publicly.
- Scan server runs linux (no license required)
- No user notification for detections
- Quarantine is stored centrally on the scanning node
- Split reporting between epo and vshield manager
- Quarantine is stored on each protected vm;
- All reporting is in epo;
- User notifications on detection (popups);
- You don't need 3rd party software like vShield;
- Works on vmware, hyper-v and citrix virtualization platforms;
- It requires a windows 2008r2 for the offload scan server ( extra $ for the license)