1 2 3 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 10:57 AM by karthiks

Download error 12152 - Please help!

Hello,

I have a McAfee Internet Security subscription which is already installed on my desktop and a laptop. Now I am trying to install on a new 2nd laptop but without success.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite AMD A6 running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 with all updates installed.

I keep getting the message "Unable to Continue Installation - We're having trouble completing your McAfee software installation because of this error: 12152..."

This happens after logging on to the site and starting to download the Software. Soon after the "Gathering Download Information" screen appears the error shows up. It is at the same point every time (the progress bar is at the very beginning).

Had the same error message with the two other installations but was able to solve the problem.

I have already done/tried the following:

• Turned off Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.
      • Disabled toolbars and pop-up blockers.
      • Deleted pre-installed Norton software using uninstall in Windows and also the Norton Software Removal tool. Shouldn't be other conflicting software since it's a brand new laptop and there isn't much on it.

• Running the MCPR program, rebooted, run the MCPreInstall and rebooted again before downlaoding. I do this every time I try to downlaod.
      • Installing in safe mode with networking.
      • Using Firefox instead of IE.
      • Running CCleaner.
      • Checking for solutions on the web and this forum.
      • Trying again the next day (it has been four days now).

I get the same error log files every time. See below. Doesn't tell me anything but maybe someone else can make someting out of it?

23-10-2012 20-05-20.png

23-10-2012 20-09-02.png

Hope someone has an idea of what is causing the problem. Thanks in advance!

1 2 3 Previous Next