2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 10:15 AM by trevorw2000

IP Addresses with Subnet Masks

trevorw2000

I'm working on a trial version of Web Gateway 7 with the hope of converting over from Bluecoat.  For right now I'm simply trying to duplicate Bluecoat's logic layers for the most part.  I have two issues that I'm sure are easily handled but I'm hoping I can get  some help.

I have a list of source IP addresses that I want to explicitely allow unrestricted access without authentication.  I was trying to put a Top Level Rule Set in place before anything else is processed and link it to Client.IP.  The problem is there are some addresses that are single IPs, which Bluecoat allowed us to enter as 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.255  (masking down to that one IP).  We also have others that are that are an entire subnet, such as 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0.

On that same token, I have a similar issue with some allowed destination IPs.  Most of them are explicit and just a single IP, but some of them are again masked similar to 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and please forgive my lack of knowledge of the product.  Like I said, I'm working on a proof of concept to pitch for a transition from another product and I haven't had a chance to even find documentation to read.

Thanks,

Trevor