Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3372 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 9:34 AM by fieldri1 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
vinmansbrew Newcomer 7 posts since
Oct 4, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 23, 2012 11:45 AM

Mcafee on-access causing spss program lag

I am having an issue with mcafee on-access causing spss to open VERY slowly, as in about 5 minutes to open. If I turn off the on-access, then spss opens in a couple seconds. If I have the task manager open to processes, I can watch mcafee chew up the cpu when I try to open spss. Once spss opens, if I close it and try to open again, it is fine. Opens no problem.

Issue is, These are lab computers and multiple people log in and each person would have this log open time.

I have moved from 8.7 enterprise to 8.8, no change. I tried changing spss versions from 19 to 21, no change. I even added and exclusion in mcafee on-access properties and it still opens slowly. I do use ePo for mcafee policies and so the exclusion is pushed to all machines.

Is there a file for mcafee that I can edit to stop this scanning? or some other steps I can take? I really need to stop on-access from scanning for no reason.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points