1 2 3 4 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 6:35 AM by Peter M

Virus corrupting my CMOS + BIOS Memory, McAfee Total Protection can't find the virus

Hello,

I hope someone in here can help me with this problem.

First time something strange happened was in september this year: the date of the PC changed to the year 2019. Got ERROR and expired messages of all my programs.

Tought to have fixed the problem by installing Virtual Technician and McAfee new + i changed the date back.

Last thursday it happend again + the ventilator of the PC is going at full speed.

Windows went nuts again, tried to change the date back again but it didn't function this time.

Suddenly the PC shutting off and tries to reboot several times. It went in a failure surche mode(?) came with the message that my CMOS is corrupted and i have to delete 'caching' or 'shadowing' out of my BIOS Memory. The ventilator still going nuts...

I managed to recover CMOS. Haven't tried the BIOS Memory yet, I'm not that advanced with computers...

Ventilator still going nuts. I have tried several complete scans with McAfee without finding virus, checked the RAM: working overtime on disk and one more i don't remember now...

One time i ran McAfee scan and tried to open Google Chrome it could not open because of a program witch wasen't responding; showed me a pictogram of something that looked like a PC with a very bad cold....

Tried to put the PC back to restore point without success :-(

Can anyone here help me to fix this?

The only thing i can come up with now is to totally reinstall my PC without knowing if this would actually help...

1 2 3 4 Previous Next