1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 6:33 AM by spongetron

problems with automated responses

Hello,

I'm having problems with automated responses.

I configured a new automatic response for the event id: 21027 to send an email, but the email never arrives.

In the log file "orion.log" there is the following error:

2012-10-18 14:02:31,617 ERROR [mfs:pool-2-thread-5] dispatcher.ThreatNotification  - Error processing notification. Operation aborted.
      java.sql.SQLException: Connection is closed.
                at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.checkOpen(PoolingDataSource.java:175)
                at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.close(PoolingDataSource.java:180)
                at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DatabaseConnectionImpl.close(DatabaseConnectionImpl.java:97)
                at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.ThreatNotification.dispatchEvents(ThreatNotification.java:152)
                at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.DefinedAtNotification.execute(DefinedAtNotification.java:47)
                at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.NotificationDispatcherService.fireAllEvents(NotificationDispatcherService.java:20)
                at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.NotificationDispatcherInternalTask.run(NotificationDispatcherInternalTask.java:34)
                at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)
                at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
                at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
                at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Automated responses for server events works but not for client or thread events .

The epo version is 4.6.4.

Any ideas to fix it?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: problems with automated responses
          dcaffrey

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 4.6.4 and I have the same problem, I also have the same errors in orion log

Automatic Response emails were intermittant before upgrade but now they're not working at all

• 2. Re: problems with automated responses
            NitroCircus

Me too, same version of ePO 4.6.4 and same problem:

2012-10-18 15:12:25,336 ERROR [mfs:pool-2-thread-2] dispatcher.ThreatNotification  - Error processing notification. Operation aborted.

java.sql.SQLException: Connection is closed.

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.checkOpen( PoolingDataSource.java:175)

at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.close(Pool ingDataSource.java:180)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.db.base.DatabaseConnectionImpl.close(DatabaseConnectionIm pl.java:97)

at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.ThreatNotification.dispatchEvents(Threa tNotification.java:152)

at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.DefinedAtNotification.execute(DefinedAt Notification.java:47)

at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.NotificationDispatcherService.fireAllEv ents(NotificationDispatcherService.java:20)

at com.mcafee.epo.notifications.dispatcher.NotificationDispatcherInternalTask.run( NotificationDispatcherInternalTask.java:34)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

• 3. Re: problems with automated responses
              spongetron

I have just installed 4.6.4 on a new server. I have exactly the same error in the orion.log

I was not able to test the automatic responses yet. Did anyone already open a ticket with McAfee?

• 4. Re: problems with automated responses
                JoeBidgood

I think this is the first I've heard about this issue as it affects automatic responses, but one of my colleagues mentioned seeing a similar error message in a different situation.

Can everyone experiencing this check and see if they have Force Encryption enabled in the SQL Server Configuration Manager?

Thanks -

Joe

• 5. Re: problems with automated responses
                  NitroCircus

For me, Force Encryption is No

• 6. Re: problems with automated responses

I don't have force encryption enabled.

• 7. Re: problems with automated responses
                      spongetron

In my case "Force Protocol Encyrption = No"

• 8. Re: problems with automated responses

Hi all,

I have same problem after upgrade from 4.6.3 to 4.6.4 - force encryption = NO

• 9. Re: problems with automated responses
                          JoeBidgood

As this appears to be more than a one-off occurrence, please open cases with Support, so that we can track this properly.

Thanks -

Joe

1 2 Previous Next