So I previously have been able to deploy 3.5 Enterprise to my client computers, but for some reason 3.5 patch 1 is fighting me.
Initially I tried to update the users' systems but the deployment would get in a weird install loop where it would update to 126.96.36.1994, then it would revert back to 188.8.131.523 and prompt to reboot. So I set a task to remove 184.108.40.2063 to run immediately and that version was removed from all systems. Then I set up a new task to deploy 220.127.116.114 and set it to run at logon. At logon, SAE is either not installed, or shows up in the list of available tools for the toolbar, but nothing appears to be enabled, no ratings, etc.
BUT, I can install it manually.
Any ideas what is stumbling the deployment?
ePO 4.6, agent 4.6, VSE 8.8, Server 2003r2 32bit, and Windows 7 64bit
Thanks in advance
check whether you have install file on master repository or not without it you can not deploy any patch
Yes, install files, minor versions 573 and 724, patch file 785308 are all in the master repository and the extensions are checked in. I wouldn't have been able to create a deployement task if they hadn't been.
And just to verify, I went througn my Active Directory GPOs and made sure nothing is configured to prevent installation of IE plugins
There was a bad install file I downloaded originally, check to make sure you have the latest file from the download center see if that works for you.
I believe it is the most recent, or rather, the most recent listed on the download site for my contract. I may try purging all of the site advisor tasks, files and extension from ePO after I am sure all of my users are free of it, then start over again. That may take a while though as I have some travelling associates that don't come into the office regularly.
Had a similiar issue, have a look at
the same for me
i followed the procedure described here https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/Article.aspx?id=KB76189 but without success
The deployment task start on all computers but stops with an error
Yeah, that is what I wound up having to do. Purged everything related to SiteAdvisor - all tasks, extensions, files, you name it. Then check the newest installer back in, plus the extension and created a new task. Has worked fine since. As I mentioned in my post above yours I was going to wait until I knew all my associates' assigned computers were free of the old install, but I think maybe one or two are still out there with it. We'll see what happens on their laptops when they are back in the office.
Until about 10 minutes ago I was at 4.6.4, build 202. Client computers had whatever agent was current 2 agent version ago or so, I don't remember right off the top of my head what number that was.