1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 7:44 AM by mcafee-com-user

Remote McAfee Support

bwemailsupport1

The organization would like to enable/disable McAfee Support Access (public port 20022 access) as needed.

I see that I could stop the service from the web GUI, but that seems slighly risky because if the web GUI was failing, how would I re-enable the support access?

1)

Is there a way to enable/disable this access from the CLI?

2)

Does McAfee have any other customer-controlled method of remote access?  For instance, GoToAssist or WebEx, using the customer's telnet/putty session to access the back-end interface?

Thanks.

Robert

• 1. Re: Remote McAfee Support
          mcafee-com-user

Hello Robert,

I am user of Ironmail system and can give you this information for commands on the CLI

===========================================================

[McAfee]: show system support

Support access is enabled.

Support access listen port has set to {port:20022}.

[McAfee]: edit support

*** Invalid command: Usage - edit support [enable|disable] ***

===========================================================

In our installtion we have the support access enabled on the box all time and have a firewall in front of it where we enable the connection only when having a support case with McAfee Support.

The firewall rule allows the host 161.69.15.4 to connect our Ironmail systems on TCP20022.

See KB72780: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB72780&cat=CORP_IRONMAIL_ CENTRAL_MANAGEMENT_CONSOLE&actp=LIST

The second question should be answered by McAfee staff...

Best regards.