6 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2013 5:38 AM by exbrit Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

How to add a program to trusted list Artemis!D677980D0A07

HI Peter,

I am attempting to download, then install, keylogging software, "SpyAgent STEALTH".

During the download process, McAffee:

1.  Detects "Artemis!D677980D0A07" as a Trojan

2.  Prevents "SpyAgentStealthInstall[1].exe" from successfully being downloaded to c:\Users\[my_username]\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary Internate Files\Content.IE5\31X3STYG\"

The software's author, SpyTech, reported that this would happen, and provided instructions regarding the information you'd need to allow their software to run:

http://www.spytech-web.com/help/exclusion-lists.shtml#spyagent

. . . this page includes instructions for several of their products, mine, "SpyAgent STEALTH", is said to require the following files to be ignored:

c:\program files\sysconfig\*.*

c:\windows\imglib.dll

c:\windows\sysk32.dll

c:\windows\sview.exe

c:\windows\clfct.dll

c:\windows\system32\sinvfct.dll

c:\windows\sassr.dat

e section on this page

I have purchased this software, and have a limited time to download it, therefore, would you please direct me to the resource(s) at McAffe who can assist me in making the necessary changes to my McAffee installation so that this keylogging software can be installed?

Thanks in advance,

abthreadg

email removed for your privacy and safety - Moderator

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/10/12 10:31:30 EDT AM

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/05/13 6:31:05 EDT AM
        • 1. Re: How to add a program to trusted list Artemis!D677980D0A07
          exbrit

I removed your email address for your own security and privacy.

I also gave you your own new thread as that other one was so old.

Basically as this has been detected as Artemis, which means VirusScan has checked with the database and not found it, the lab already has it to investigate but there is something you can do.

As it isn't yet possible to add exceptions to the real-time scanner of VirusScan, a feature we have been begging them to reintroduce for ages now, you should follow the tips in this help file I created:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Basically send an email to virus_research@avertlabs.com with the header False Artemis!D677980D0A07

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/05/13 6:31:46 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: How to add a program to trusted list Artemis!D677980D0A07

Hi,

Labs will investigate this and get back with the result.

Regards,

Showvik

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/05/13 6:32:03 EDT AM
            • 3. Re: How to add a program to trusted list Artemis!D677980D0A07

Hi,

Artemis!D677980D0A07 has been reclassified as Potentially Unwanted Program(PUP). It will be detected as a specific PUP named Spyware-SpyTech, in a week's time. It does not contain a virus, and is not considered a trojan because it does not damage systems maliciously but may be used as an accompanying file by malware. However, if you are using it for a legitimate purpose and know the changes made by it on your machine, you can choose to Allow (Add exclusion) and continue working with it. As you mentioned, you have limited attempts to download the software, it would be best to go through the product and identify the steps that need to be taken to add an exclusion. It is usually under Navigation -> Scan options. If you have difficulty in identifying any of the above obtions, let us know the McAfee product you are using so that we can identify the exact steps needed to get this in to exclusions. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Showvik

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/05/13 6:32:29 EDT AM
              • 4. Re: How to add a program to trusted list

I too am having the same problem! McAfee is deleting items I DON'T want to delete!

No way of stopping it, no way of adding it to the "trusted items" list, under "Quarantined and trusted items"

-very frustrated!!!!

I McAfee is not functional enough... I might as well buy to ESET -NOD32 that does!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

*Found it!:

in McAfee Security Center, ver 11.6, Virus scan ver15.6

click "Navigation", -> "Scheduled Scan" -> "Excluded Files and Folders"

Message was edited by: christov01 on 4/5/13 2:05:23 AM CDT
                • 5. Re: How to add a program to trusted list
                  Peacekeeper

https://community.mcafee.com/message/282635#282635

Says above if they review it as a PUP you can then choose to trust it. You need to submit it as I say in the above post.

• 6. Re: How to add a program to trusted list
                    exbrit

If anyone has Artemis (unknown) detections to report please start your own new thread as each one has to be dealt with on its own, thanks.