7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2012 2:32 AM by tonyb99

How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0

Hello,

I am new to EPO and finding it challenging to download patches 1 thru to 7 for EPO Server 4.0(Build 1015).

my goal is to upgrade to EPO 4.6 patch 3, pls help. i have got the installation files for EPO 4.6 thus without patch 3.

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0
          alexn

Hi Johnson,

Download ePO patch 7, it is complete package and also supported to upgrade to 4.6 Patch 3 or 4 as well.

1.Backup your SQL DB.

2.BAck up your ePO server

3.Download 4.0 Patch7 and run the installer.

If it completes successfully, you are done.Taking backing is good, in casae something goes wrong and we could rebuild ePO with this backup later.

First apply 4.0 Patch 7 and then you can jump on ePO4.6 Patch 4 as well.

Follow this KB to take Backup.KB 66616

Message was edited by: alexn on 10/11/12 1:34:54 PM CDT

Message was edited by: alexn on 10/11/12 1:35:53 PM CDT
          • 2. Re: How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0
            vrishchik

Hello

Please follow article below for ePO 4.0 backup.

KB51438ePO 4.0 recommended recovery and migration procedure

kc.mcafee.com.

After installing the latest Patch you need to upgrade ePO to latest version. ePO 4.0 is out of support now.

Regards

SAN

• 3. Re: How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response, the challenge is how to download the the patches i have search for it can cant find it on the mcafee site. Where can i find it. Thanks again

• 4. Re: How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0

Hello All,

I am still seeking guidiance here. Now  that i can not find any where to download patches  1 to 7 to update my EPO 4.0 installation (from all i have read is due EPO4.0 is out of support) and 1 need to upgrade to EPO 4.6, can i still use the SQL Database and backuped policies on the a fresh installation of EPO 4.6. pls help

• 5. Re: How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0

what patch version of ePO 4.0 you are currently using ?

you can install ePO 4.0 Patch 7 on the following ePO 4.0 versions,

• McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0
                  • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 1
                  • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 2
                  • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 3
                  • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 4
                  • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 5
                  • McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 Patch 6

To download ePO 4.0 Patch 7 go to www.mcafee.com and download the product by entering your grant number.

To upgrade from ePO 4.0 to ePO 4.6 Patch 3. you need to have patch 7 for ePO 4.0. you cannot restore ePO 4.0 database on ePO 4.6.

• 6. Re: How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0
                    georgec

Why dont't you just install EPO 4.6.4 and then overwrite the agents on the machines. What's the setup? Upgrading from 4.0 to 4.6.3 will probably crash somewhere around the road. And if not, you can't except it to work too well when you have all those remnants of previous versions.

• 7. Re: How to Install Patch on EPO 4.0
                      tonyb99

I agree with GeorgeC, there are massive differences between EPO 4.0 basic and 4.6.3.

If its at all possible you would be best to bring up a fresh 4.6.3 install and then reinstall the latest agent cleanly.