1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2012 10:20 AM by SafeBoot Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

I am having this same issue.  Here is what my file shows.  scm.ini

[Install]

GroupName=test

GroupId=0000008e

DatabaseID=2

[Databases]

DatabaseID1=1

TryLastGoodFirst=Yes

Order=Random

LastGoodConnection=1

[Sync.Handlers]

SbChkDsk=C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption for PC\SbChkDsk.dll

[Uninstall]

SbSetup.exe=SbSetup.exe

All I did was setup a new test group on the EEM on the server, setup all my stuff and created a new installation set.  What gives?

• 1. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

what gives is your DatabaseID is set to 2, but there's only one database listed. That's not going to work.

I expect you installed over something else - otherwise unless something tampered with the file I can't think how you'd get in this state - maybe someone added an scm.ini to the file sets (it should not exist in any file group by default).

• 2. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

I setup a new group in the machines area.  I setup my options and then I created a new installation set.

Is there anything I can do at this point to fix it, or am I going to have to spend a week decrypting two drives?

Edit:  Actually there are two Database ID's listed in what I posted.  How many should be there?  Do I delete one and try to resynch?

Message was edited by: motc7 on 10/3/12 7:27:36 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

please post the full client log for the machine so we can see what it got up to.

If there were two db's we'd see DatabaseID2=2. We don't - how did that line get deleted?

also - did you choose Offline Install mode by any chance?

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 10/3/12 8:38:19 AM EDT
              • 4. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

where is the full client log located please?

AS for install, I believe I chose online, but perhaps not.  If I didn't choose online, am I screwed?  BAsically at this point, I don't have a problem with starting over again with wiping the drive and reinstalling my image.  But, what should I do in terms of trying this again?

Here's what I am trying to accomplish:

1.  I built a separate machine group from my main group for testing.

2.  I want to encrypt both C and E drives.

3.  I want it to communicate with the EEM.

So I await your response, which I am sure will set me straight.

• 5. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

it's either in the program directory, or the programdata mirror - sbclientlog.txt if I remember correctly, but it could be .xml now.

If you chose offline, you'll have a .sdb file in the client folder - I doubt it given the fragment of the log though.

I would just recreate your install set from the group and run it again - make sure you pick online mode etc.

the most likely thing that happened is that you deleted the group you created the install set for - even if you recreated it with the same name, it's not the same group.

• 6. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

so the machien that is already encrypted, you are saying I don't need to erase the HD and start over.  Just create a new installation set and run it on the already encrypted computer.

• 7. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

no idea - I am still not sure you are getting the same issue as the original poster. Without the log file I can't really tell what's going on.

• 8. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

o.k.  I guess what I am asking is this.  The new group I created in EEM, I should be able to set all my options, and as long as I create an online installation set, I theoretically should be good right?

• 9. Re: Error, never seen at this stage.

as long as all the options are set correctly then yes, absolutely.

Without the client log though I can't guess what went wrong last time.

Message was edited by: SafeBoot on 10/8/12 11:20:20 AM EDT
                          1 2 Previous Next