Emergrncy system Recovery with EEtech 6.xx
1.Creat a EEtech Standalone boot disk
a.download EEtech.zip and place standalone folder in desiredlocation.
b.insert floppy and pointe to the standalone folder withthis command
Run the command Bootdisk.exeEETech.RTB a: fromthe command prompt. This creates
the bootable floppy.
c.Creat CD/DVD with this floppy
Download EETech.iso file and burn a CD
2.Boot unrecoverable system with EETech(atandalone) bootCD/DVD the McAfee interface appears
3.Authorize with daily authentication code.
a.download EETech code generate with your Grant number fromMcafee Portal.
b.Run it and get 4 digit Daily authorization code.
4.Click Authrize under authentication, type the code >OK(Now status would be Authorized)
6.Authentication>File> Browse>Select Recovery InfoFile(.xml) exported from epo server.
>OK >Now status would be Authentoicated.
Now secrypet your system changing policy from ePO server andencrypt it again.
Exporting XML file from ePO server.
is available under your Grant Number under this Version of EEPC( Endpoint Encryption for PC v6.1.2)
I am at the startup screen where it asks for the authorization code for May 28th 2015, I have been on the phone with McAfee for hours (my 9th call) and no one can seem to tell me how to get the tech code of the day. Do you have a specific website where the tech code generator is located?
Solution 2Obtain the Code of the Day from the McAfee ServicePortal:
- Go to https://support.mcafee.com.
- Log in with your registered account Username and Password.
NOTE: If you do not have a registered account, click New User and supply the required information, including your grant number, to create a new account.
- On the main page click the Tools tab.
- Expand Other Tools and Resources,
- Click Obtain Endpoint Encryption Code of the Day.
- Select the appropriate reason for obtaining the code, and then click Next:
- I need to repair a 92h error
- I need to repair an INT 13h error
- I want to perform a manual removal
- I want to perform an Emergency Boot
- Other: Please Specify
- Read the Terms and Description. To agree and continue, click Next.
- You see the Code of the Day and links to related KnowledgeBase articles or product documentation.
- After you obtain the Code of the Day, click Close Window.
Thanks much! I was finally able to get the code from the 10th tech rep I spoke with it and the authorization worked but the "Emergency Boot" action button is still disabled - see attached screen shot. It appears I also need a token or file to authenticate? Do you know where I could get the needed token or file? Also, does the code they gave me expire at midnight tonight, or is it good for a few days?
Thanks much, your assistance is GREATLY appreciated!!