First you need to do a proper uninstall of the previous versions of McAfee on your PC.
Steps to do in order to get a clean uninstall:
1. Go to the "Usefull Links" Section up in that page and download MCPR.exe, save it in your Desktop
2. Reboot PC and during rebooting press F8 key to go to Boot Options -> Boot in Safe Mode (OPTIONAL)
3. Go to Control Panel and uninstall the product.
4. Reboot (normal or safe mode), run MCPR.exe
5. Reboot and clean folders:
5.1. C:\\Program Files\McAfee - delete everything inside.
5.2. C:\\Program Data\McAfee - delete the whole folder. (C:\\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee if you run Windows XP machine)
5.3. C:\\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Local\Temp - delete everything which you can identify as a McAfee folder.
6. Reboot again.
7. Proceed to log in into your McAfee account, Download and Install from there.
Thanks for the reply. I did that you said but unfortunately, the MCPR.exe tool is unable to complete the removal process. after 80 percent of its running, its saying "MCPR is unable to remove all files". ;-(
I have even deleted all mcafee folders from app data and temp. even ran preinstall.exe befor removing the c drive folders. attaching the logs. still i dnt find the problem within. no third party software too, can Mcafee send someone to fix this or anyone who is master to handle these issues?
any contact number?
I called the customer care but they are all saying the same thing that I have already done. it will be better if some expert like you can check this handy. am looking forward for that support in Bangalore.
Message was edited by: chiradeep on 10/6/12 1:12:35 AM CDT