Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3734 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2012 1:09 AM by chiradeep RSS
chiradeep Newcomer 2 posts since
Oct 5, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 5, 2012 11:36 AM

McAfee Total Protection 2012 installation problem

This is Deep, I bought a McAfee Total Security 2012 and install the software with the CD. but it was not getting activated. after installation, the window saying "Please wait while we connect McAfee.com" remained as it is for more than an hour. I tried a lot. it didn't work.

My system requirements were okay. the firewall was off. but still it was not working. i have even uninstalled the previous McAfee Security Center. but all in vain.

Therefore, i uninstall the cd version of McAfee Total Protection and logged in My McAfee account. there, i entered by Product key and the account subscription has been activated. thereafter, followed the instruction and downloaded the McAfee setup from web. but, this time the problem went out with the installation. several times I tried but the window says, "McAfee installation failed". the internet was working properly. But I could not figure out why. i am using Mozilla browser as the IE browser is not supporting the McAfee login. my laptop is of Dell, Windows 7 64 bit.

Please Help. can McAfee send me a technician in my residential place. that will be of great help. i am trying to get them in touch but I can't get them. help me out. please

Message was edited by: Deep on 10/5/12 11:36:57 AM CDT
  • supp@user Newcomer 39 posts since
    Sep 21, 2012

First you need to do a proper uninstall of the previous versions of McAfee on your PC.

Steps to do in order to get a clean uninstall:

1. Go to the "Usefull Links" Section up in that page and download MCPR.exe, save it in your Desktop

2. Reboot PC and during rebooting press F8 key to go to Boot Options -> Boot in Safe Mode (OPTIONAL)

3. Go to Control Panel and uninstall the product.

4. Reboot (normal or safe mode), run MCPR.exe

5. Reboot and clean folders:

5.1. C:\\Program Files\McAfee - delete everything inside.

5.2. C:\\Program Data\McAfee - delete the whole folder. (C:\\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee if you run Windows XP machine)

5.3. C:\\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Local\Temp - delete everything which you can identify as a McAfee folder.

6. Reboot again.

7. Proceed to log in into your McAfee account, Download and Install from there.

Regards.

If you didn’t go looking for it, don’t install it!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points