1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 2:25 AM by deanmibo

SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 in stand-alone eval?

erase*.*

I'd like to evaluate how SAE performs in my environment, which has a number of complexities including PAC files, but I don't want to check it into ePO eval branch just to configure it for installation on 1 PC.

Is there any way to configure the client in stand-alone via CLI or anything? 

All of the documentation that I've downloaded references configuration in ePO.

• 1. Re: SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 in stand-alone eval?
          deanmibo

Hi there,

I'm currently in the same situation... I wish to evaluate the software within the company through a small group of laptops.

Our current setup is:

McAfee Agent 4.6.0.2292

ePO 4.6.2 Build 234

DLP Endpoint 9.2.100.36

Endpoint Encryption Agent 1.1.1

Endpoint Encryption 6.1.1.275

Host Intrusion Prevention 7.0.0

VS AS 8.7i

I checked in the package into the evaluation repository and now I wish to deploy it through a task or policy that is triggered by a tag.

I found this guide but it's not working for my setup:

"I would recommend that you upgrade to ePO 4.6.x. In this version you could prepare an agent policy "tied" to a tag that requests patch updates for VirusScan from the Evaluation branch. On a high level view you then only have to apply a tag to systems that should download and install the patch.

Short step by step preparation guide:

1.Download and check in the patch in the Evaluation branch (Use the SW DownloadManager in ePO 4.6)

2.Create a McAfee Agent General policy, on the "Updates" tab select that patches and service packs for VirusScan should use the Evaluation branch

3.Create a tag; name it for example "PatchTest VirusScan"

4.Create a Policy Assignment Rule and configure that the policy created in point 2 should be assigned to systems with the tag "PatchTestVirusScan"

5.Done

As an additional step you could also create a Client Task tied to the "PatchTest VirusScan" tag that immediately runs an Update task. In this way you could send out an agent wakeupcall to trigger the update. In ePO 4.6 you also have the option to run a client task on demand from the ePO console as well which could be used as an alternative (this requires Agent 4.6 if I'm not mistaken)."

Thanks