1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 5:45 AM by Peacekeeper

MCUPDMGR.exe initiated sudden reboot (without any warning)

MCUPDMGR.EXE initiated a reboot without warning on my computer. My initial suspicion was if it was a virus or some malware or spyware of some kind. Further research on mcafee community did not reveal much. I have my event logs and don't know who to send it to for further investigation.

From event logs, I noticed that prior to MCUPDMGR.EXE initiated the reboot, MCafee crashed and after an elapsed time of 5000 milli seconds was restarted by the OS. In the build up to the forced reboot, several attempts to hack my computer from some unknown host, just pasting a few of them below (the events repeat quite a few times).

An SSL 3.0 connection request was received from a remote client application, but none of the cipher suites supported by the client application are supported by the server. The SSL connection request has failed.

The following fatal alert was generated: 40. The internal error state is 107.

And other system related errors after a few attempts to crack my pc as seen below after which pc rebooted itself.

The Windows Error Reporting Service service entered the stopped state.

The Windows Modules Installer service entered the stopped state.

What is MCUPDMGR.EXE? Why is there no information about this process anywhere in MCafee website? All I see / read is some assumptions that it is an MCafee process but no official confirmation / evidence.