2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 2:20 PM by kenobe

HIPS Upgrade

awsomaha

So, within ePO, I have a task, that does a product deployement too all systems in our laptop group.  Reason for this, is so when a laptop gets imaged, HIPS gets installed (security requirement).  It was originally setup for 7.0 so I changed it to 8.0.0.1919.  Now what is happening is some systems are uninstalling 7.0 and trying to install 8.0 but the tcp/ip stack gets corrupted and they can't connect to the network.  Why would these clients think to do an upgrade when within ePO it is a "product deployment" and not update?

• 1. Re: HIPS Upgrade

I'm having a sort of similar problem to the above. I have a deployment client task to upgrade older product versions of HIPs to the current one 8.0.0.2151 but the task fails. However, when I run a mcafee update, HIPs is updated to the current product version *for this to happen HIPs v.8 Patch 2 has to be checked into ePO (we are using v.4.6.2).

Still trying to troubleshoot on why the deployment task fails....

Message was edited by: maiburu on 10/2/12 7:52:51 AM CDT
          • 2. Re: HIPS Upgrade
            kenobe

I have had luck with setting a task to first remove HIPS 7, then once confirming it's gone, run a task to install HIPS 8.  You're vulnerable for a time but it's the less-troublesome solution.

Ken