You don't need a credit card to chat online with Support - it's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page, also available free by phone.
When you uninstalled did you first uninstall via Control Panel, Programs then use the MCPR cleanup tool? (Also listed under Useful Links at the top of this page)
Try that again but before installing again run the PreInstall Tool.
1. Chat, Email, Phone - All 3 ways of reaching Tech and Customer Support of McAfee is FREE.
Now... let's see your problem.
Seems to me that you need to reinstall the product.
So let's uninstall it cleanly first.
Steps to do in order to get a clean uninstall:
1. Go to the "Usefull Links" Section up in that page and download MCPR.exe, save it in your Desktop
2. Reboot PC and during rebooting press F8 key to go to Boot Options -> Boot in Safe Mode
3. Go to Control Panel and uninstall the product.
4. Reboot (normal or safe mode), run MCPR.exe
5. Reboot and clean folders:
5.1. C:\\Program Files\McAfee - delete everything inside.
5.2. C:\\Program Data\McAfee - delete the whole folder. (C:\\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee if you run Windows XP machine)
5.3. C:\\Users\YourUsername\Appdata\Local\Temp - delete everything which you can identify as a McAfee folder.
6. Reboot again.
7. Proceed to log in in your McAfee account, Download and Install from there.
Please reach us with any Feedback of how things are going.