Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
950 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 8:07 AM by greatscott RSS
Hemant Koli Champion 361 posts since
Jun 27, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 26, 2012 11:38 PM

Block access to Outside Network

Hello Everyone.

I m using HIPS 8x & my requirement is we need to block access to outside network other than Local network, we have couple of laptops & we need those laptops to get network access only in local if those laptops goes out of our domain(xyz.com) then they should not get network access(i.e abc.com and so on......)

• jendrst Newcomer 16 posts since
    Nov 1, 2011
    1. Nov 28, 2012 2:50 AM (in response to Hemant Koli)
    Re: Block access to Outside Network

We have same question.

Is it possible?

• greatscott Champion 287 posts since
    Jul 18, 2011
    2. Nov 28, 2012 8:08 AM (in response to Hemant Koli)
    Re: Block access to Outside Network

This certainly is possible. From what I understand, if a user leaves your network, with a laptop, you want to prevent it from connecting anywhere. You also only want laptops within your network, to connect to your local network. Correct?

If this is the case, you can use Connection Isolation Groups. Create a firewall policy with a "Block all" rule at the bottom Then, create a Connection Isolation Group above it. Make the criteria for this group, your local subnets under the "network options" tab. Of course you could also use a common internal Default Gateway, DNS server, DHCP server, etc.

Once this group is created, you can then create rules inside this group, to allow whatever type of communication between nodes on your internal network.

Message was edited by: greatscott on 11/28/12 8:08:16 AM CST

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points