2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 2:44 PM by paullotion

File Named 'Sun' Appearing In My Documents ...

Hi there,

Obviously, I'm new here. But I have a query, as this is something that I've noticed, and I'm looking for a little peace of mind, or some further help. So, today, I opened up my documents and noticed a file in there named 'sun' which I'm pretty sure I haven't created, and I don't believe anyone else has as they don't have access to my laptop. It says the file was created at 19:24 on 23/09/2012 (Monday).

I recently installed Java on my machine, and was wondering if it had anything to do with this? Or is this something to be more concerned about? I've run a full scan since the 23rd, and no issues were detected, and I've also scanned the folder which has no files in it (possible malicious files hidden from view?) , and it came up clean.The only thing I've willingly downloaded, with the exception of Java, is the OpenOffice 3.4.1 update, which I installed on 22/09/2012.

I'm concerned that someone has access to my machine. I'm running Windows 7, browsing with Google Chrome ... if you need anything else, please let me know and I'll do what I can. I try to browse as securely as I possibly can, which is why this is bothering me because I'm not sure how this could have happened. Any help would be hugely appreciated!