3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 3:59 AM by asabban

Error downloading files

Hi,

We encountered an error with Webwasher version 6.8.7. We cannot download files and the error is hard disk is full. We checked the webwasher and saw that the filesystem /dev/mapper/vg0-opt is 100% utilized. Is is safe to delete files from that directory? Thanks.

Message was edited by: ralzaga on 9/24/12 2:23:31 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: Error downloading files
          asabban

Hello,

your /opt/ partition is only 2 GB in size. Usually you should have most of the hard disk available space allocated to /opt. What appliance are you running on?

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Error downloading files

It is installed on a Virtual Appliance because the users from that branch are only few. Is it safe to delete files from that directory?

• 3. Re: Error downloading files
              asabban

Hello,

I would not recommend deleting files from /opt. If you delete one of the Webwasher system files it will fail to run and your users will not have any internet access, so please be cautios when proceeding!

I think deleting files will not help you. Webwasher requires some space for log files and temporary files. The partition is 2 GB in size. Lets say Webwasher uses 1 GB (which is very very little disk space used for logs, etc). This means there is 1 GB left. If you try to download an ISO Image (650 MB) Webwasher has to store this file twice on the disk as temporary data. You are already out of disk space.

Even if you free up 1,5 GB the hard disk will be full again if two users request an ISO image, or one user accidentally manages to send two requests to Webwasher for downloading the file.

In my opinion your only chance is to fix the root cause, and apply at least 20 GB to the Webwasher VM, better 40 GB.

You can try to delete all log files from /opt/webwasher-csm/logs and check if this gives you enough free disk space, but as mentioned you will not be happy with a 2 GB /opt partition.

Best,

Andre